good morning everyone! 🌻
I am so excited about this Crumb; writing it up for you was the first thing I wanted to do today!
So! There is peace, joy and mysteries to be unlocked through peeling a butternut squash.
Why? Because, pardon my fwench, it's a b****.
That's right. It's no walk in the park, and that's why all our focus, and senses need to be on point in order to do the job --- AND not chop off a finger while we're at it.
If you don't have a squash you can either get one ( a yummy recipe is provided below for your warrior efforts) or you can use a a lovely potato instead.
so here are the rules to this game:
1. put a timer on for 10 minutes.
2. use said 10 minutes to dote on squash and nothing else.
3. take the earth vegetable and hold it up for a full minute to feel its weight in your hands. ( you can pretend its Lion King OR NOT.)
4. breeeeeeathe. 😜
5. as slowly as you can pick up the biggest baddest knife you got and slice the gurd in half.
6. proceed to very very slowly peel our item of affection. ( if you must use a peeler go ahead.)
7. the toughness of the skin and the Resistance it is giving you, is where the lesson is... take your time to absorb it.
8. when you are done with taking off the skin, take a deep breath in and hoooold it. then exhale. (feels like we're doing cooking yoga right?)
9. find a spoon and de-seed. count the seeds if needed to reach your ten min mark.
10. when your 10 min timer goes off thank the squash for giving whatever lesson you received and proceed with the easy treat below :)
The kitchen can become our place to integrate our feelings and thoughts. It can become our time to make peace with our bodies.
have a beautiful day. 💓